Enjoy Cuba through its food on this 4-day program. You’ll have the opportunity to experience both Havana’s remarkable sites and savor some of the country’s most delicious recipes. Learn about the country’s agriculture on a farm-to-table experience, walk in Old Havana filled with amazing architecture during a walking food tour, and take home some new skills during a cooking class.
Select your Own Departure Date
- Stay in a bed and breakfast in Havana and experience family life
- Enjoy a hands-on home-hosted cooking class by a top chef featuring some of Cuba’s most prized dishes
- Walk through a local market with a Cuban chef and learn about typical Cuban products
- Take part in an educational rum and cigar pairing
- Panoramic Tour of Havana in an American antique Car
- Sample small bites in one of Havana’s paladar restaurants of some of Cuba’s most delicious foods
- Visit the Hemingway House and Museum for an extensive look at the author’s life in Cuba
- Eat in one of Havana’s private restaurant projects where they grow much of their own spices, vegetables and even honey!
- Learn how to make your very own Cuban cocktails during a Cuban cocktails mixology class
- Experience Old Havana on a food tour stopping to learn about the city’s history, architecture and specialty foods (such as chocolates,coffee, churros, malta and other local favorites)
Day 1 Thursday
- Breakfast at the casa.
- Arrival in Havana International Airport, transfer to your accommodations.
- Check into Casa Particular.
- Brief meeting with your local guide and hosts in your casa particular to go over the program.
- Panoramic tour by American antique car of Havana, where you will see some of the city's emblematic places, like the 18th century University, one of America's oldest; the inviting Malecón; the time witnessed Paseo del Prado and the eye-catching Capitol. Make a stop to take pictures at the Revolution Square.
- Visit to the art studio of Cuban painter Jose Fúster, to learn about his work and the importance of his community Project.
- Welcome dinner at a local restaurant, starting with the classic Daiquirí cocktail. Sample various Cuban specialties in small bites. Meet with the chef to learn more about his creations and the whole concept of a paladar in Cuba, a privately-run restaurant.
- Return to the casa particular where you can "hangout" with the family, enjoy an after- dinner digestif drink, or even head over to the nearby Malecon to people watch!
Day 2 Friday
- Breakfast at the casa particular
- This morning start with an Old Havana walking tour with stops along the way to sample some of the local flavors. Visit the main city squares and learn about the city's rich history and fascinating architecture. Enjoy some local chocolates made with real Cuban cacao, sip on a Cuban espresso, savor the sweetness of a freshly made tropical juice, and even sample street foods such as churros or small roasted peanuts. The shopkeepers and vendors will explain their products throughout.
- Then it's off to a visit with local artisans and artists at the San Jose Craft market where you may want to purchase some souvenirs to take home.
- You will also have an opportunity to sit and enjoy a drink at the local "cervezeria" or microbrewery if you'd like to cool off!
- Return to casa.
- Head over to a popular bar and restaurant to embark on a Cuban cocktail mixology class before dinner. Learn how to make mojitos, daiquiris, rum Collins, piña coladas and more! Sample these delicious libations and enjoy a carefully prepared dinner featuring local favorites.
- Return to the casa.
Day 3 Saturday
- Breakfast at the casa.
- Start off this morning by meeting a Cuban chef at your casa and head over to one of the local produce markets to learn more about local fruits, root vegetables and other vegetables found typically in Cuban dishes.
- Then head over to the casa particular for a comprehensive Cuban cooking lesson where you will not only learn how to make some of Cuba's most popular dishes, but you'll also get to help the chef prepare your lunch.
- Sample the various fruits of your labor during a family-style lunch at the casa complete with local beer, where you'll also enjoy your casa particular owner's company
- Visit to a neighborhood community project for kids to learn about its impact and positive influence on the community.
- Return to the hotel
- Free evening for dinner or enjoy an evening at the famed Tropicana Cabaret (not included).
Day 4 Sunday
- This morning, visit the Hemingway Museum. During this interesting stop, you will learn about the life and work of the famous American writer, and his relationship with and love for Cuba.
- Then head over to a nearby farm to learn about the various crops, livestock, and products this farm is knownfor. Enjoy an explanation on the local cheeses and dried meats made onsite and their arrangements with various suppliers.
- Here you will enjoy a farm-to-table lunch featuring genuinely-grown and made Cuban food.
- This afternoon meet a Habanosommelier, a Cuban cigar expert, to experience a cigar and rum tasting, where you'll learn in depth how to properly pair these two Cuban favorites and learn about their entire production process.
- Say adios to Cuba Culinaria, as you enjoy some Cuban music this evening at your farewell dinner, complete with a farewell cocktail and a 3-course meal!
Day 4 Monday
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Departure transfer towards the Havana International Airport.
"The Sanchez family would like to send a heartfelt thank you to Daiquiri Tours in Miami Springs for organizing and booking an Amazing trip for us to London and Paris. No detail was left undone and we were able to just sit back and enjoy the vacation following their wonderful itinerary!!"
Pauline and family- London and Paris
"I had the pleasure of working with Annette on 2 Euro trips. The first one was for our 10 year anniversary. My husband and I went to Italy. Annette made it so easy for us. She made all of our reservations and planned the entire trip. We just had to show up! The next trip… Read more"
Jackie - Europe Trips
"The BEST Ever Havana, CUBA Tour. Annette was excellent! She arranged our tour, gave us an excellent itinerary, and they actually over delivered. Our group of 18 was more than satisfied with the historical overview of Old Havana on our walking tour, we had a delicious Cuban meal at a very nice restaurant, and the… Read more"
Carolyn - Cuba
"We had a great trip and loved the itinerary you had set up for us. Gaby is fabulous and definitely made our experience way more interesting and special (we got super close with her and are definitely staying in touch). The casa particular was beautiful! The family was super helpful and nice, giving us a… Read more"
Miriam - Cuba