The Wines & Lakes of Northern Italy
Northern Italy offers some of the country’s best kept secrets, such as stunning lakes, majestic mountains, and prized wineries. The area is rich in history, culinary traditions, and charming towns. Discover the essence of the region by visiting two or three of the Northern Lakes (Garda, Iseo and Como) and sip on some of the most delicious wines in Italy on this self-guided drive program. Our destination specialists will help customize your trip and will offer detailed recommendations to make your trip an unforgettable one!
Select your Own Departure Date
- Discover Italy’s most beautiful lakes, mountains and wineries in one region
- Spend time in the historical and whimsical towns of Iseo, Como and Sirmione
- Enjoy wine tasting in some of Northern Italy’s best wineries
- Spend 6 nights in a charming hotel in one of the region’s quaint towns
Day 1 • Arrive Milan- Drive towards Montichiari
- Arrive Milan and pick up your rental car
- Drive towards the charming town of Montichiari, located in the province of Brescia.
- Check into your hotel, the 18th century Palazzo Novello, where you will spend the next 6 nights.
- Dinner this evening will be served at XXXX
Day 2 - A Day in Lake Garda
- Breakfast at hotel
- This morning head over to Lake Garda to discover Italy’s largest lake. Your preplanned itinerary will include a stop at Sirmione, a medieval town located on a peninsula with its own castle! Here you can also take a picturesque boat ride (weather permitting) to get a better view of the castle and the magnificent backdrop of the dolomites and surrounding towns.
- Next spend some time driving up the coastal road of Lake Garda and visit such towns as Peschiera del Garda or Limone sul Garda. Make sure to leave some time for Malcesine where you can take a cable car up to the top of Monte Baldo for some spectacular views!
- After enjoying time in this magnificent place, head back to your hotel to freshen up before dinner.
- Recommendations will be provided for local restaurants not to be missed!
Day 3 - Verona and Valpolicella Winery
- After enjoying your breakfast this morning, head over to the romantic city of Verona, made famous by Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliette and where the couple were from.
- Take time to visit the elegant city center with its marble-lined sidewalks and fabulous cafes and boutiques. You’ll want to take time to visit the well-preserved Roman Arena as well as the Castel Vecchio and Juliette’s home.
- In the afternoon, head over to the Valpolicella wine-growing region of Italy for a special included wine tasting in one of its prestigious wineries.
- You may also want to visit another winery while there, and we’d be glad to offer recommendations and make reservations for you.
- Head back to your hotel for a relaxing evening
Day 4 - Lake Iseo & Cooking Class
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- After breakfast head over to Lake Iseo, nestled between mountains and one of Italy’s hidden gems.
- While here, you may want to take a boat ride to Europe’s largest island within a lake, he Monte Isola, where you can enjoy strolling through the it’s lovely fishing village.
- After some time for boating and strolling, return to your hotel for a private cooking lesson showcasing some of the region’s best recipes!
- Sample your creations for dinner over a glass of local wine.
Day 5 - Brescia & Franciacorta Winery
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- This morning, drive to nearby Brescia, where you can visit its impressive medieval castle, enjoy its beautiful piazzas, and sample some of the region’s best culinary creations.
- After lunch, head over to a local winery in the Franciacorta region of Lombardy. This area is famous for its sparkling wines, often using the Méthode Champenoise.
- After learning about their production and sampling their wines, head back to your hotel and make sure to try out one of the local restaurants for dinner.
Day 6 - Travel. Your Way!
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Today, it’s your choice to customize your experience. You may choose to relax at the hotel and simply take some time to reflect on your trip or embark on yet another adventure with our expert advice.
- Some of our recommendations for today include: - Day trip to Lake Como, - Day trip to Milan, - Day trip to Bergamo, - Visits to additional wineries in the region, - Visit to nearby caviar factory and tasting, - Day trip to Venice
Day 7 - Return Home
- Breakfast at hotel (time permitting).
- Drive back towards the Milan Malpensa Airport and drop off your rental car
- Return home from the Milano Malpensa Airport.
"The Sanchez family would like to send a heartfelt thank you to Daiquiri Tours in Miami Springs for organizing and booking an Amazing trip for us to London and Paris. No detail was left undone and we were able to just sit back and enjoy the vacation following their wonderful itinerary!!"
Pauline and family- London and Paris
"I had the pleasure of working with on 2 Euro trips. The first one was for our 10 year anniversary. My husband and I went to Italy. made it so easy for us. She made all of our reservations and planned the entire trip. We just had to show up! The next trip… Read more"
Jackie - Europe Trips
"The BEST Ever Havana, CUBA Tour. was excellent! She arranged our tour, gave us an excellent itinerary, and they actually over delivered. Our group of 18 was more than satisfied with the historical overview of Old Havana on our walking tour, we had a delicious Cuban meal at a very nice restaurant, and the… Read more"
Carolyn - Cuba
"We had a great trip and loved the itinerary you had set up for us. Gaby is fabulous and definitely made our experience way more interesting and special (we got super close with her and are definitely staying in touch). The casa particular was beautiful! The family was super helpful and nice, giving us a… Read more"
Miriam - Cuba